Baccarat is a popular card game played in casinos worldwide. The goal of the game is to get nine points total, and it is played with eight decks of cards total that are shuffled between games. In this game, the dealer is known as the banker.
Baccarat Pro stands for Baccarat Professional Series, and understanding the game is key to doing well when betting.
The cards are worth the following point amounts:
• Aces – 1 point each.
• 2sthrough 9s – The number of points is the same as the number on the card.
• 10s & Face Cards – 10, Jacks, Queens, and Kings are all worth 10 points, which, in baccarat game play is essentially zero.
If a player gets ten or more points, 10 points are subtracted, giving a single-digit number. For example, if a player gets a 5 and an 8, their total would be 13 points. However, having a two-digit number of points isn’t allowed in the game, so 10 is subtracted, leaving that player’s total as 3.
The game is player versus banker, with whoever gets closer to or reaches 9 points declared as the winner. Both the banker and the player get two cards each to start the game.
If the player or the banker has a total of 8 or 9 points with the two cards, then that hand wins. This is called a natural. If either has a hand of 6 or 7 points, then they must stand. If a player has between 0 and 5 points, then they must draw a third card. If the banker has between 0 and 5 points, then they must draw a card if the player did not draw a third card.
If the player did draw a third card, a number of things could happen for the banker in terms of their third card, depending on the point totals of the player and the banker. If the banker has:
• 2 or less points, he must draw a card, regardless of the player’s third card.
• 3 points, he must draw a card, as long as the player’s third card was not an 8.
• 4 points, he must draw a card, as long as the player’s third card was between 2 and 7.
• 5 points, he must draw a card, as long as the player’s third card was between 4 and 7.
• 6 points, he must draw a card, as long as the player’s third card was a 6 or a 7.
• 7 points, he must stand.
At this point the card values of the player and the banker are compared, and one is declared the winner.
Since the game is pure chance, in online game play, you have the ability to bet on the Bank, the Player, or a Tie. Each of these options is self-explanatory: bank if you think that bank will win, player if you think the player will win, or tie if you believe the game will end in a tie. You can bet on more than one option.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy baccarat in the privacy of your own home.