European Roulette is a game of chance, in which the player places bets on where the ball will land on the spinning disk – the wheel of fortune. There are three different types of bets that can be placed: inside bets, outside bets, and race track bets. Use this guide and a roulette strategy guide to help win with the wheel.
Inside bets are the bets placed on the inner part of the betting table, which contains the numbers 0 through 36. With inside bets, a player can bet on one, two, three, four, or six adjacent numbers at a time.
• To place a bet on one number, called a “straight,” a player simply places the chip directly on that number.
• To place a bet on two numbers, called a “split,” the numbers must be adjacent either vertically or horizontally, so that the player can place the chip on the line between the numbers.
• To place a bet on three numbers, called a “street of three line,” the numbers must be in a single horizontal line. The player places the chip on the outermost line of the number on the left of the three numbers.
• To place a bet on four numbers, called a “corner,” the numbers must form a square together. The player places the chip in the center, where one corner from each number meets.
• To place a bet on six numbers, called a “six line,” the numbers must be adjacent. The player places the chip on the far left of two adjoining streets of three line.
Outside bets are the bets placed on the outer part of the betting table, which contains labeled boxes.
• Columns – These are the three boxes at the bottom of a column allowing the player to bet on a dozen (non-adjacent) numbers at once.
• Dozen – These are the three boxes that denote three squares of numbers on the board, and allow the player to bet on 12 consecutive numbers.
• High or Low – A player using these boxes is betting either on the lower half of the numbers (up to 18) or the higher half of the numbers (19 through 36).
• Odd or Even – The player is either betting on all of the odd numbers or all of the even numbers.
• Red or Black – Rather than betting on a number, these boxes allow a player to bet on the color of the winning number.
Race Track Bets
Race Track Bets are a special feature of European Roulette, in which you can bet on varying combinations of numbers, starting at a special set of 7 numbers up to a special set of 17 numbers.
To place a bet, the player places a chip on a number, or number combination, and then spins the wheel containing the ball. If the ball lands on the bet after the wheel stops spinning, the player wins. Depending on which bet was placed, the player can either win big from bigger odds (betting on one number) to winning a smaller amount from smaller odds (betting on half of the board).
Spin the wheel and see what your fortune has in store!